Volunteer with the AFA!
Interested in helping out? Below are some ways you can get involved in the campaign to protect BC’s endangered old-growth forests and ensure sustainable forestry in the province! To volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know whether you are in Victoria, Vancouver, or elsewhere, and if there are any specific volunteer positions that interest you. Thank you for your support!
- Grassroots Petition Outreach: Help us reach 50,000 petition signatures and beyond by collecting signatures from friends, co-workers, neighbours, and the general public!
- Grassroots Newsletter Outreach: Distribute our latest educational newsletters in cafes, libraries, community centres and other locations to help spread the word!
- Third Party Fundraiser: Organize your own fundraiser for the AFA, such as a yard sale, bottle drive, music event – or a fundraiser as a musician, artist or local business!
- Boardwalk Construction: Join one of our work parties at the Avatar Grove. Volunteers must be in good physical condition to do the work, and act safely, responsibly and respectfully without exception. Activities may include carrying heavy boardwalk planks, bucketing gravel, using hand tools, digging soil, moving rocks, etc. as well as having fun!
- Material Prep: Help fold cards and newsletters for mailouts and distributions.
- Event Promotions – Phone Canvassing: Call supporters to invite them to upcoming events.
- Event Promotions– Postering: Put up posters to help promote larger events to the public.
- Event Support: Help out before, during and after AFA events such as slideshows, forums and rallies.
- Administrative Support: Lend a hand to our admin team at our Victoria office helping with tasks such as data entry and filing. Volunteer position available as needed.
If you have experience in areas such as design, mapping, scientific research or other relevant fields and would like to contribute your time to help the AFA when needed, get in touch with email@example.com and specify how you are interested in helping.