Send an instant message to the NDP government, demanding they take immediate action to protect old-growth!
Home to some of the world’s largest trees, BC’s old-growth forests are not only iconic, they support unique wildlife; provide clean water for communities, wild salmon, and other wildlife; store vast amounts of atmospheric carbon; support BC’s tourism industry; and are central to many First Nations cultures.
Tragically, despite being severely endangered, the large scale industrial logging of old-growth forests is continuing, which jeopardizes the sustainability of ancient forest ecosystems and forestry jobs. On BC’s southern coast, at least 79% of the original productive old-growth forests have been logged, including well over 90% of the lowland ancient forests where the richest biodiversity and largest, most magnificent trees are found.
Please take a moment to send a message to the BC NDP government, calling for immediate action to protect the most intact and endangered ancient forests, a science-based plan that ensures the long-term ecological integrity of BC’s ancient forests, and support for BC First Nations and sustainable forestry jobs.
• BC Premier John Horgan
• BC Minister of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development, Doug Donaldson
• BC Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy, George Heyman
• BC Minister of Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation, Scott Fraser
• BC Minster of Finance and Deputy Premier, Carole James
• BC NDP MLAs Lana Popham, David Eby, Mitzi Dean, and Rob Fleming
• BC Green Party Leader Andrew Weaver
• BC Green Party MLAs Sonia Furstenau and Adam Olsen
Ask the following decision-makers to take immediate measures to protect the most intact and endangered ancient forests, create a science-based plan that ensures the long-term ecological integrity of BC’s ancient forests, and support BC First Nations and sustainable forestry jobs:
• Premier John Horgan: email@example.com
• Forest Minister Doug Donaldson: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Indigenous Relations Minister Scott Fraser: email@example.com
• Environment Minister George Heyman: firstname.lastname@example.org
All at: Parliament Buildings, Victoria, BC V8V 1X4
(be sure to include your full name and address so that they know you’re a real person)