The Ancient Forest Alliance is now hiring a full-time canvass director to run a door canvass in VANCOUVER and to assist in additional fundraising initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Advertise, hire, train, and manage a canvassing crew and Field Managers to recruit new donors and supporters to canvass Monday through Thursday evenings each week
• Lead by example and canvass at least three days per week
• Drives team to turf; schedules Field Manager to drive
• Maintains the AFA donor database with updates from canvass and required editing
• Arranges tables/booths/out of town canvass trips
• Represent the organization in a professional manner
• Reports to the Executive Team
• Strongly dedicated to the protection of old-growth forests and sustainable forestry jobs in BC.
• Supports the Ancient Forest Alliance and its mandate
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Consistently strong work ethic
• Self-motivated but also able to take direction
• Good judge of character
• Good basic math and accounting skills
• Holds valid Class 5 driver’s license or equivalent and has good driving record
• Former canvassing or sales experience an asset
Hours: Flexible with canvass hours Mon to Thurs from ~4pm-10pm. Occasional weekend work.
Duration: One-year contract- renewable contract (including a 3-month probationary period)
Pay: Monthly Base amount; plus individual & team performance-based income
Application closing date: August 16, 2019
Position Begins: August 26, 2019
Please email resumes and cover letters to Joan Varley at: email@example.com with Vancouver CD in the subject line.