Are you passionate about protecting BC’s wild places? Do you want to educate others on one of the most critical environmental issues of our generation? Are you an outgoing ‘people’ person with natural leadership abilities?
We are seeking a Field Manager to lead, grow, and motivate the AFA’s Vancouver canvass team to reach our supporters throughout the Lower Mainland!
The Ancient Forest Alliance is BC’s foremost non-profit focused solely on old-growth forest protection. Built on grassroots outreach and fundraising, we rely on stellar fundraisers to sustain our campaigns and have a strong track record of success over our nine-year history as a result. With a new BC government in place, our sights are set on achieving province-wide legislation to protect BC’s old-growth forests and to ensure a sustainable second-growth forestry industry.
• Leads door-to-door canvass team 2 to 5 days/week, Monday through Thursday evenings, and occasionally during weekends
• In addition to canvassing, facilitates pre-canvass team practice and post-canvass debrief; drives team to fundraising turf
• Coordinates with Vancouver Canvass Director with updates on canvass and to exchange canvass materials as needed.
• Responsible to train new canvassers and provide ongoing support to the canvass team.
To be considered for this position, you must:
• Have at least one year’s experience in sales/fundraising, leading a team, and/or conducting public outreach activities.
• Have a valid Class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent, and mobile phone.
• Be passionate about protecting BC’s endangered old-growth forests and the species that depend on them.
• Enjoy building and nurturing relationships with donors and supporters.
• Be driven to lead the canvass team to success.
• Communicate well in English.
Position reports to the Vancouver Canvass Director and the Administrative Director.
Hours: Minimum 2 days per week Mon to Thurs from ~4pm-10pm. Occasionally work weekends.
Duration: One-year contract- renewable contract (including a 3-month probationary period)
Pay: Daily stipend, plus individual & team performance-based income
Location: Vancouver and surrounding municipalities
Application closing date: May 31, 2019
Email your cover letter and resume to the Vancouver Canvass Director firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Vancouver Field Manager Application” in the subject line.