Old-Growth (OG) Forest Statistics – Southern Coast (i.e. Vancouver Island and SW Mainland)
- Original Total OG: 5.5 million hectares
- Low Productivity OG: 2.2 million hectares
- Original Productive OG: 3.3 million hectares
- Remaining Productive OG: 860,000 hectares (26% of original)
- In Parks – Productive OG: 200,000 hectares (6% of original)
- In Parks and OGMAs – Productive OG: 260,000 hectares (8% of original)
Valley Bottom,* Highest Productivity Old-Growth – Southern Coast (i.e. Vancouver Island and SW Mainland)
- Original: 360,000 hectares
- Remaining: 31,000 hectares (9% of original)
- In Parks: 9,400 hectares (2.6% of original)
- In Parks and OGMAs: 11,700 hectares (3.2% or original)
* Low, flat terrain under 300 metres elevation, under 17% slope
Crown lands: Ministry of Forests forest inventory data (site index, stand height and volume, elevation, terrain) with logging updates until 2012.
Private Lands: Satellite-based photo classification with logging updates until 2011.