Join our Canvass Team!
The Ancient Forest Alliance is BC’s foremost non-profit focused solely on old-growth forest protection. Built on grassroots outreach and fundraising, we rely on stellar fundraisers to sustain our campaigns and have a strong track record of success over our nine-year history as a result. With a new BC government in place, our sights are set on achieving province-wide legislation to protect BC’s old-growth forests and to ensure a sustainable second-growth forestry industry.
We are currently hiring door canvassers in Victoria for part-time or full-time work (Mon-Fri., 5:00 – 9:30pm) as well as door, street, and phone canvassers in Vancouver. Apply to join a team of environmentally-conscious people to help raise funds and awareness about BC’s endangered old-growth forests and forestry jobs! Great for part or full-time students.
NOW HIRING: Vancouver Canvass Director
The AFA is also seeking a full-time canvass director to run a door canvass in VANCOUVER and to assist in additional fundraising initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Advertise, hire, train, and manage a canvassing crew and Field Managers to recruit new donors and supporters to canvass Monday through Thursday evenings each week
• Lead by example and canvass at least three days per week
• Drives team to turf; schedules Field Manager to drive
• Maintains the AFA donor database with updates from canvass and required editing
• Arranges tables/booths/out of town canvass trips
• Represent the organization in a professional manner
• Reports to the Executive Team
• Strongly dedicated to the protection of old-growth forests and sustainable forestry jobs in BC.
• Supports the Ancient Forest Alliance and its mandate
• Good communication and leadership skills
• Consistently strong work ethic
• Self-motivated but also able to take direction
• Good judge of character
• Good basic math and accounting skills
• Holds valid Class 5 driver’s license or equivalent and has good driving record
• Former canvassing or sales experience an asset
Hours: Flexible with canvass hours Mon to Thurs from ~4pm-10pm. Occasional weekend work.
Duration: One-year contract- renewable contract (including a 3-month probationary period)
Pay: Monthly Base amount; plus individual & team performance-based income
Application closing date: August 16, 2019
Position Begins: August 26, 2019
Please email resumes and cover letters to Joan Varley at: email@example.com with Vancouver CD in the subject line.