Join our Canvass Team!
The Ancient Forest Alliance is BC’s foremost non-profit focused solely on old-growth forest protection. Built on grassroots outreach and fundraising, we rely on stellar fundraisers to sustain our campaigns and have a strong track record of success over our nine-year history as a result. With a new BC government in place, our sights are set on achieving province-wide legislation to protect BC’s old-growth forests and to ensure a sustainable second-growth forestry industry.
We are currently hiring door canvassers in Victoria for part-time or full-time work (Mon-Fri., 5:00 – 9:30pm) as well as door, street, and phone canvassers in Vancouver. Apply to join a team of environmentally-conscious people to help raise funds and awareness about BC’s endangered old-growth forests and forestry jobs! Great for part or full-time students.
NOW HIRING: Vancouver Canvass Field Manager
AFA is also seeking a Field Manager to lead, grow, and motivate the AFA’s Vancouver canvass team to reach our supporters throughout the Lower Mainland!
• Leads door-to-door canvass team 2 to 5 days/week, Monday through Thursday evenings, and occasionally during weekends
• In addition to canvassing, facilitates pre-canvass team practice and post-canvass debrief; drives team to fundraising turf in AFA vehicle
• Coordinates with Vancouver Canvass Director with updates on canvass and to exchange canvass materials as needed.
• Responsible to train new canvassers and provide ongoing support to the canvass team.
To be considered for this position, you must:
• Have at least one year’s experience in sales/fundraising, leading a team, and/or conducting public outreach activities.
• Have a valid Class 5 driver’s licence or equivalent, and mobile phone.
• Be passionate about protecting BC’s endangered old-growth forests and the species that depend on them.
• Enjoy building and nurturing relationships with donors and supporters.
• Be driven to lead the canvass team to success.
• Communicate well in English.
Position reports to the Vancouver Canvass Director and the Administrative Director.
Hours: Minimum 2 days per week Mon to Thurs from ~4pm-10pm. Occasionally work weekends.
Duration: One-year contract- renewable contract (including a 3-month probationary period)
Pay: Daily stipend, plus individual & team performance-based income
Location: Vancouver and surrounding municipalities
Application closing date: May 31, 2019
Email your cover letter and resume to the Vancouver Canvass Director firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Vancouver Field Manager Application” in the subject line