The Ancient Forest Alliance (AFA) is a registered non-profit society operating in British Columbia to protect the endangered old-growth forests of BC and to ensure sustainable second-growth forestry jobs in the province. The AFA works through research, public education, and engaging key stakeholders and government to achieve our goals.
The AFA is looking for a passionate team player to contribute to our campaigns.
• Plan and implement campaign strategies
• Meet and negotiate with key partners, stakeholders, government and industry officials, and non-traditional allies
• Write persuasive media releases, newsletters, and other campaign materials
• Give effective interviews with the news media
• Organize and deliver public events, rallies, protests, forums, and meetings
• Organize and lead public hikes
• Help generate revenues for AFA through writing grants and donor stewardship
• Deliver public presentations and talks
• Explore endangered old-growth forests
• Layout/design skills are an asset
• Support the organization in other necessary ways.
• Dedication to protecting old-growth forests and nature in general
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
• Post-secondary degree in environmental studies, environmental science, biology, geography, sociology, anthropology, political science, or other relevant degrees
• Excellent writing and research skills
• Experience in organizing public events (protests, forums, conferences, meetings) an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and organize multiple, simultaneous priorities
• Strong interest in and knowledge of the science and the policies related to old-growth forests
• Experience with environmental campaigns (through employment or volunteerism)
• Demonstrated proficiency in public speaking an asset.
Hours: Full-time. Work schedule is dependent on current campaigns and projects.
Duration: One-year contract with possibility of extension (including a three-month probationary period).
Pay: Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Location: Vancouver or Victoria
Closing date for applications is October 19th, 2018. Anticipated start date is Monday, October 29th, 2018.
Send your application to the AFA’s Executive Team at email@example.com
Please include “Environmental Campaigner Application” in the subject line.
Email a single attachment containing both your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls, please.