The Ancient Forest Alliance (AFA) is a registered non-profit organization working to protect BC’s endangered old-growth forests and to ensure a sustainable, value-added, second-growth forest industry.
The AFA is calling on the BC government to:
- Implement a science-based plan to protect the endangered old-growth forests in the province.
- Ensure the sustainable logging of second-growth forests, which now constitute the majority of forest lands in southern BC.
- Support First Nations land use planning and sustainable economic development and diversification in lieu of old-growth logging.
- End the export of BC raw logs to foreign mills in order to ensure a guaranteed log supply for BC mills and value-added processing facilities.
- Implement incentives for the retooling and development of BC mills and value-added facilities to handle second-growth logs.
What We Do